|Northwest Behavioral Health Services is partnering with St. Peter Lutheran Church to help lead people to a full life in Christ. Together, our promise is to partner with the home to build a strong Christian family. Our treatment approach is to provide education, support and practical feedback to help clients resolve current problems and long-standing patterns. With sensitivity and compassion, we help clients find solutions to a wide range of life challenges and psychological issues.
Aaron McMahon, M.Div., M.A., L.P.C., earned a Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling and a Master of Divinity from Trinity International University in Deerfield, Illinois. His extensive theological training enables him to counsel from a Christian worldview. He uses Scripture to frame and filter his interventions so that individuals have a godly view of self and are in right relationships with God and others. He specializes in counseling adolescents and young adults, parent-child relationships, couples and family problems, men’s issues, anxiety, depression, personality disorders and Christian spirituality. Having completed clinical training with the Lake County Addictions Treatment Program, he has comprehensive first-hand experience in the treatment of individuals and families dealing with substance abuse and its human impact.
Counseling services provided:
- Marriage & Family
- Couples/Marital Counseling
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Relationship Problems
- Medical and Health concerns
- Grief and Loss
Important Forms: (Please print and bring all applicable forms to your first appointment)
- Please print out and complete the Therapy Intake Packet prior to your first appointment.
- If you intend to use your health insurance for appointments, please print out and follow the directions on the Insurance Verification Form.
- If you would like to request financial assistance from St. Peter to help with the cost of appointments, please click on the following link and complete the online form: http://fulllifeinchrist.org/counseling/ . The pastoral staff will contact you and will provide you with a third party payment agreement. It is important that this form is signed by both you and St. Peter and that it is brought to the first appointment.
Currently we do accept Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and we are partnering with St. Peter’s to aid individuals who are in need of a reduced rate. Please note that some other plans may also offer out of network benefits.