- We are dedicated to helping people with attention deficits overcome their challenges and discover their strengths. Because of this, Cogmed invited us to join a growing number of practices world-wide who offer their cutting edge intervention.
- We carefully researched Cogmed Working Memory Training prior to undergoing our training in the program. We found that there is solid theory and research behind this intervention. Furthermore, as we spoke with other clinicians we found that the vast majority of their clients were pleased with the results.
- We firmly believe in the science of retraining neural pathways in the brain. Most of our clients report that they want to DO something about their attention deficits. Cogmed Working Memory Training is the best clinically-proven method that we have found to offer those whom we serve.
What is working memory?
It is the ability to keep information in your mind for a short time, focus on a task andremember what to do next.
With a working memory deficit, it is difficult to stay focused, plan next steps,remember instructions, start and finish tasks.
Studies show a deficit in working memory often leads to difficulties in reading comprehension and math.
Signs of working memory deficits
- Problems focusing
- Easily distracted
- Difficulties starting and finishing tasks
- Forgetting instructions
What is Cogmed Working Memory Training?
Cogmed Working Memory Training is a home-based program that helps children and adults with attention problems by training and increasing their working memory capacity.
Clinically-proven results demonstrate that after training, children and adults improve their ability to concentrate, control impulsive behavior and better utilize complex reasoning skills. In the end, better academic performance can be achieved especially in math and reading. For adults, the training can improve focus and work-related tasks.
Comprehensive, home-based program.
- Clients are motivated and train effectively with our unique coaching method and software.
- Training takes place at home five days a week for five weeks.
- The software automatically increases in difficulty gradually improving the trainee's abilities.
- Every participant has a Personal Coach at our practice who leads the training, analyzes results and provides encouragement through weekly phone calls.
- Improved ability to sustain attention
- Improved impulse control
- Better complex reasoning skills
- Better academic and/or work performance
Improving working memory can lead to better academic performance.
Research has established an important connection between working memory, attention and schoolwork:
Most children with an attention problem also have a working memory deficit. That means they don’t have the same working memory capacity as their peers.
Cogmed Working Memory Training is backed by clinical evidence and is proven to train and improve a child’s working memory.
Post training evaluations show this helps kids perform better in school.
To put it simply, increasing working memory capacity improves attention which helps improve academic performance.
Parents and teachers see real improvements in attention, problem solving skills and controlling
80% of children who complete training show measurable improvement in attention and complex reasoning skills.
Parents and teachers also report other benefits in daily life:
o improved social skills
o taking initiative
o remembering things
o completing tasks like homework assignments more independently
When asked one year after training to report on their experience, 79% of parents whose children had benefited from training reported effects had remained or increased.
Cogmed Working Memory Training is scientifically validated by placebo-controlled clinical studies published in respected professional journals, and there is on-going research at several leading U.S. universities. Visit www.cogmed.com for complete information.